Cheese graters are very versatile and can be used for a lot more than just grating cheese. As a result of the various food stuffs that you may be grating or slicing, people often feel that it is difficult to clean a cheese grater effectively but that need not be the case. In fact, we at SuperEze believe it is very easy to clean our SuperEze Cheese Grater, and we have provided some great tips and advice below for you on how to clean a cheese grater.
Steps On How To Clean A Cheese Grater:
- You should wash your cheese grater immediately after use.
- Run the SuperEze cheese grater under warm water to keep the food from hardening.
- Use a stiff brush to remove any remaining food debris from the surface of the grater.(Do not use any brass bristle brushes as this may reduce the sharpness of the grater)
- Clean against the grain of the grating surfaces either using a stiff brush or soapy sponge both inside and outside.
- To wash the inside turn the grater upside down for easy access.
- Dry thoroughly before putting it away to reduce any chance of rust appearing.
Tips To Clean A Cheese Grater If You Don’t Wash It Immediately:
- Soak the SuperEze cheese grater in the sink of warm soapy water for a few minutes to help soften up any food debris that is on the surface.
- Wipe each surface with a raw potato or lemon to loosen the remaining debris.
- Use a stiff soapy brush or sponge to scrub the grater both inside and out. Scrub in the opposite direction of the grating blade or holes.
- If there are any remaining particles left, use a sterile toothbrush to scrub these.
- Rinse the grater thoroughly under warm water
- Make sure to completely dry the grater before returning to the cupboard.
More Advice and Tips To Clean A Cheese Grater :
- Rub the grater surfaces with a little olive oil or butter before use, to help prevent debris from sticking to the surfaces.
- For the zesting surface, wrap a piece of cling film around the surface. By doing this the holes of the grater will poke through the cling film, and the cling film will catch the residue left behind without shredding the food itself.
These are our tips on how to clean a cheese grater. And after all, the SuperEze Grater is the best cheese grater around, so i’m sure you want to keep it at its best for as long as possible.